Starting with AODocs Release 55, we're rebuilding the views page from the ground up. This work will take place over several releases. While we build the new views page, the standard version remains available, and you can switch between the standard and beta versions at any time.
By default, the beta version of views is available to all customers. However, if you want to deactivate the beta version on your domain, contact the AODocs Support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a ticket.
We'd be really interested to hear what you think about the new views page, to ensure we're aligned with your evolving needs: Tell us what you think about the new views!
Learn more about views:
- What are views (standard version)?
- Create and manage views in your library
- Configure views in your library
This article explains the beta version of views. For features that are still available only in the standard version of views, we link out to other articles.
This article explains how to:
Access the beta views page
1. On a library homepage, select one of the views available.
Tip: You can show/hide the Views panel on the left side of the library homepage.
If you're accessing the view for the first time after rollout of AODocs R55, the standard version of the views page opens.
2. Select Try new views, then press Try it now.
Note: Press Give feedback to tell us what you think about the new views page!
The beta version of the views page opens.
Note: AODocs remembers your choice. When you open other views in any library on your domain, they open in the beta version. If you switch back to the standard version, all views in your libraries open in the standard version.
Search for documents in your view
You can search for documents in your view using keywords.
In the beta version, you can search by keyword in:
- properties only
- properties and attachments
Both options are available in all types of library. In the standard version of views, searching in attachments is available only in Document Management libraries. Aside from this improvement, the search in the beta version functions in the same way as in the standard version. Learn more: Search for documents by keyword.
Use the "Browse by folder" panel
If your administrator has configured the Browse by folder feature in your view, there's a collapsable panel on the left where you can navigate the folder structure in your library.
Limitations in the current release
The Browse by panel has the following limitations in the current release:
- Only Browse by folder is available in the panel. If your library administrator configures Browse by anything else, such as a category value or document class, a filter is created instead.
- If your library administrator configures a pre-filter in the view so that only documents in a given folder are displayed, and also configures Browse by folder, the entire folder tree is still visible in the Browse by folder panel, but only documents in the folder governed by the pre-filter are visible. All other folders look as if they are empty (even if they're not) because a pre-filter has been defined for the view.
- The Browse by folder panel only allows you to navigate though the folder structure. Folder management features available from the Browse by folder panel in standard views are not yet available in the beta version of views. Learn more:
Customize the columns in your view
Library administrators define the default columns displayed in each view they configure. Learn more: Configure views in your library.
In the beta version of views, users can customize their views to display a different set of columns from those defined by the library administrator. Users can return to the default columns defined by the library administrator at any time.
1. Press Manage columns.
2. Select the columns you want to display in your view or press Reset to default to restore the default set of columns defined by the library administrator. Your view is immediately updated according to your selection.
– Use the search bar to search for the required column heading.
– Change the order of columns by drag and drop in the Manage columns list.
3. Click anywhere on your view to close the Manage columns list.
4. If required, drag and drop columns using their headers to reorder them.
5. If required, press a column title to sort the list according to this column. Press again to reverse the order (for example, alphabetical order or increasing/decreasing dates).
– AODocs remembers your choice of columns, their order and the sort criteria. If you close your view and return to it in the same desktop, your customized columns are displayed.
– The standard version of views doesn't allow users to customize columns, so if you switch to the standard version, the default columns chosen by the library administrator are displayed.
Tip: Select Has evaluation error to display a column with boolean switches indicating whether documents have calculation errors in conditional logic. Learn more: Handle errors in conditional logic.
Filter your views
You can use the filters that the library administrator configured for your view.
Export unfiltered views to Bulk Updater
Press the button Export unfiltered views to Bulk Updater.
Bulk Updater opens on the page to create a simple export. The details of your current view are filled in. If any filters are applied in your view, they are ignored. Learn more: Configure and run simple exports.
Tip: You may need to log in to Bulk Updater and grant the required Google permissions.
Copy the link of your filtered view
Press the button Copy link to view with filters applied. The URL of your view is copied to your clipboard. You can then share the link with colleagues or save it as a bookmark in your browser for easy access.
Scroll documents in your view
The beta version of views has an infinite scroll. Your documents are loaded and displayed progressively as you scroll down. You don't need to press a button to switch to the next page of results!