As a library contributor, you can move documents or folders into a different folder within the same library.
– Folders are always available in Team Folders and Secured Folders. In Document Management libraries, folders must be configured by library administrators.
– As standard, only library administrators can export documents or folders to other libraries.
This article describes how to:
|Move documents or folders from a view|
|Move a document from the document page|
Move documents or folders from a view
Note: In the beta version of views you can select documents in the central panel but not folders. To move folders, use the menu in the Browse by Folder panel or switch back to standard views to select folders in the central panel.
To move documents or folders from one folder to another:
1. Open a view.
2. To move:
- documents – select the document you want to move and press the folder button in the toolbar
- a folder – select the folder, press the More actions menu and select Move to
Tip: In standard views you can select folders and documents in the central panel.
4. The Move pop-up opens. Select the folder where you want to move your items.
Note: The Move pop-up defaults to:
– the parent folder of the current folder (if one or more documents in the same folder are selected)
– the selected folder in the browse by view (if two or more documents in different folders are selected)
Tip: You can search existing folders or create new ones in your folder structure.
5. Press Move items.
Note: When you move documents to a different folder, the last modification date and author are not updated.
6. A progress bar appears at the top of the screen. Press View more details if you want to see details of the move operation.
Move a document from the document page
1. Open a document.
2. Select Move in the More actions menu.
Follow the procedure from step 4 above.