As a library administrator of a Secured Folder or Document Management library, you can prevent all users in the library from duplicating documents of the document class.
1. Select a Secured Folder or Document Management library.
2. Access the library administration.
3. Select Document classes.
4. Press the name of the document class you want to configure or select Configure document class from the More actions menu. The document class configuration page opens.
5. Select the Security tab.
6. Under General permissions, select the checkbox No users can duplicate documents.
- If the checkbox is selected, the option to duplicate documents is not available to any users in the library, including library administrators and super administrators.
- If the checkbox is not selected, users can duplicate documents if they are:
- defined as document creators of the document class (Secured Folders and Document Management libraries) – learn more: Manage document creators
- contributors on the parent folder if permissions are inherited from folders (typically in Team Folders) – learn more: Configure inherited permissions in document classes
– By default, the checkbox is not selected and users can duplicate documents in the library.
– You can also prevent viewers from downloading, copying and printing.
7. Press Save.
Important: Preventing users from duplicating documents does not impact the ability for document creators to create a new document by copy as part of the document creation process.