As an administrator, you can configure who can create documents at the document class level. By default, all members of the contributor role can create new documents in your library. To change this setting, you can define a specific list of document creators in the document class security settings.
2. Select Document classes.
3. Click the name of the document class you want to configure or select Configure document class in the More actions menu. The document class configuration page opens.
4. In the Security tab under Document creators, select an option:
- All library contributors – all library contributors can create documents in this class
- Only specific users, groups and roles – only specifically defined contributors can create documents in this class
5. If you selected Only specific users, groups and roles, an additional panel appears. Specify which contributors can create documents in this class.
Note: The users, groups and roles must be contributors. You can't add users defined as readers at the library level.
- Click the add button and choose Ad users or groups or Add roles.
- In the dialog, enter the user or group email or select a role, then click OK.
Learn more: Create and configure custom roles.
Tip: Click the trash button to delete the specific permissions for a user, group or role.
6. Save your changes.