As a library administrator, you must configure the inherited permission model for each document class. The inherited permission model defines how a document will inherit permissions automatically.
Regardless of the configuration of the permission model, library administrators can configure whether the inherited permissions can be manually overridden at the document level and who can override permissions.
|Choose the document class security mode|
|Define authorized users|
Choose the document class security mode
You can allow or forbid permissions to be updated at the document level regardless of the inherited permissions defined at the document class level.
2. Select Document classes.
3. Press the name of the document class you want to configure.
4. Select the Security tab.
5. Under Security mode, select an option from the drop-down list:
The authorized users can override the inherited security: users can modify the sharing permissions of individual documents. This means they can add sharing permissions on top of the inherited permissions or ignore the inherited permissions altogether. Learn more: Share documents in a Document Management library.
Library administrators can then define contributors or only administrators as authorized users.
- The inherited security cannot be overridden: no document-level permissions can be defined. The permissions of all documents in the document class are inherited from the permission model chosen: from the class, parent folder or workflow state.
Note: If the security mode is set as The inherited security cannot be overridden, the sharing icon isn't available for the documents of this document class.
Define authorized users
If the security mode of the document class is set to The authorized users can override the inherited security, library administrators can configure who can change the permissions for a specific document.
Under Share content, select an option from the drop-down list:
- Only administrators can share files and folders: only the library administrators can change the permissions of the documents in this class
- Any user who has the permission to modify the document: all users who can modify a document in this class can change the permissions of the document
Note: If the security mode of the document class is set to The inherited security cannot be overridden, the sharing content configuration isn't taken into account.