As a document creator, you can make a copy of an existing document from its document page, with its properties, attachments, relations and description. You can then make any required changes before saving it as a new document.
– Only the latest version of a document can be copied.
– The workflow state is reset in the copied document.
1. Open a document in AODocs.
2. Press New.
3. Select Copy "[document name]".
4. The unsaved document opens in create mode. The title of the document is Copy of [document name].
Note: If you're in a Document Management library and calculated titles are configured for the document class, you can't edit the Document title field. A title is automatically calculated when you save your document. Learn more: Create formulas for calculated titles.
Make any required changes to your document in create mode:
Note: You can't make changes to any attachments at this stage.
5. Press the Save button to create your document.
Note: You can't save your document:
– without filling in all mandatory fields
– if some property values are outdated or incorrect
Learn more:What if you can't save your document?
Unsaved document in create mode (created by copy) in a Document Management library