In an AODocs library, you can duplicate (copy) a document with its properties, attachments, relations, description and permissions. Only the last version of a document is duplicated, with the same version name and description. The workflow state is reset in the copied document.
You can copy documents if you are:
- defined as a document creator in the document class (Secured Folders and Document Management libraries only) – learn more: manage document creators
- a contributor on the parent folder if the permissions are inherited from folders (typically in Team Folders)
Note: You can also create a document by copy from within an existing document.
1. Open the document you want to copy.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Duplicate.
3. When the copy is complete, a message appears at the bottom of the screen. Press Open copied document.
In the copied document:
- the name is Copy of [Name of original document]
- the properties, attachments, relations, descriptions and permissions are copied from the original document – you can press the Edit button to modify them
- the workflow state is reset
- only the last version of a document is copied with the same version name and description
Note: The attachments of the copied document are copies of the original attachment, so have different URLs even though they have the same name.