As a library administrator, you can configure who can change the permissions of documents in a specific document class in Secured Folders and Document Management libraries.
1. Access the library administration.
2. Select Document classes.
3. Click the name of the document class you want to configure or select Configure document class in the More actions menu. The document class configuration page opens.
4. Select the Security tab.
5. Under General permissions, select the checkbox Only administrators can share documents.
- If this option is selected, only library administrators can change the permissions of documents in this class
- If this option isn't selected, all users who can modify a document in this class can change its permissions
Important: Learn more about preventing contributors from sharing documents in Team Folders and the impact on being able to drag and drop files and folders in Google Drive.
Note: If inherited permissions can't be overridden, you can select the checkbox Only administrators can share documents, but it is not taken into account. Learn more: Prevent users from overriding inherited permissions.