A list view is a page which displays a set of documents from your library. You can define the properties and filters to sort the documents. These filters can be based on the nature of the library, workflow states or other settings that may be relevant for users.
In this article we will see how to:
|Access the view configuration|
|Define the list view settings and visibility|
|Configure the list view display|
|Configure the list view filters|
|Pre-filter your documents based on properties|
A list view from the AODocs user interface
To learn how to create and manage a view please look at the article Manage the Library's List Views.
Access the view configuration
1. In the library administration, access the list of views.
2. Click on a view name to open the configuration page.
Define the list view visibility
- “Show in Library navigation menu”: This option allows to display or hide the list view. If a view is hidden users won’t be able to access it via the AODocs interface.
- “Only show for role”: This option is only available if the “Show in Library navigation menu” option is checked. You can select which "role" has access to the list view. The role list is configured from the “Roles” section in the library administration. You can also use a google group.
Configure the list view display
- “Display documents from other classes”: This option allows to display all documents from other documents classes in the list view.
Note: Documents from other classes will not have the same properties as the ones configured in your list view display or your list view filters. Only the system properties of other class documents will be displayed.
- Select the information to filter in the view: This part allows to refine a query and filter documents more precisely.
- To add a filter in the list view, select the filter in the left-hand table and use the arrow from left to right to move it into the right-hand table.
- To remove a filter from the list view, select the filter in the right-hand table and use the arrow from right to left to move it into the left-hand table.
- To change the order of the filters in the list view, select the filter to move and use the up and down arrows.
- “Select the criteria to sort by”: This option allows to select a criteria and an order to sort the documents in the list view.
Configure the list view filters
- Select the information to display in a view: This part allows to select which properties will be visible in the list view:
- To add a property in the list view, select the property in the left-hand table and use the arrow from left to right to move it into the right-hand table.
- To remove a property in the list view, select the property in the right-hand table and use the arrow from right to left to move it into the left-hand table.
- To change the order of the properties in the list view, select the property to move and use the up and down arrows.
- “Browse by”: This part allows users to quickly filter documents matching a specific document property value, without using the search panel. This panel can be configured to use workflow state and folder properties, and any property of “Category” type.
Note: If no property is selected, the “Browse by” panel will not be displayed in the view.
Pre-filter your documents based on properties
“Display only documents matching”: This part allows to define properties that the document should meet to be listed in the list view.
1. Click “Add new filter”.
2. Define the properties of the new filter.
3. Click “Save”.
Note: You can combine filters and choose to display only documents matching “all of these criteria” or “any of these criteria”.
Tips: You can create a filter based on the current logged-in user and select this filter in the documents' properties to only display documents corresponding to this user. To do so, select the “Person” category “Equal” to the “Current user”.