When you create Team Folders and Secured Folders, a document class is created in which folders are configured through the system property called Folder. In Secured Folders, each new document class you create also has a Folder property. In Team Folders and Secured Folders, you can rename the Folder property, but you can't delete it.
When you create document classes in Document Management libraries, a system property called Folder is created, but it is not active by default. You can activate it and rename it.
You can also configure folder settings, such as folder visibility.
|Enable and configure folders|
|Configure folder settings|
Enable and configure folders
At the level of the document class, you can:
- activate folders in Document Management libraries
- change the name of the Folder system property in all types of library
2. Select Document classes.
3. Press the name of the document class you want to configure or select Configure document class in the More actions menu. The document class configuration page opens.
4. Select the Advanced tab.
5. Under Folders:
- in Document Management libraries, activate the switch Allow documents to be organized in folders
Important: If you enable folders in more than one document class and then configure Browse by Folder in views for these classes, the folder structure is shared by the classes. Learn more: Add Browse by Folder to views.
- in all types of library, you can change the default Folder property name
Tip: By default, the folder property name is Folder. This means Browse by Folder will be available in your view configuration. Learn more: Add Browse by Folder to views.
You can enter another name in the field if required.
6. Save your changes.
Allowing documents to be organized in folders in a Document Management library
Changing the name of the Folder system property in a Secured Folder
Configure folder settings
At the library level, you can configure:
- folder visibility in Team Folders and Secured Folders
- security settings for folders in Secured Folders and Document Management libraries
All library types have a Folder category by default. Learn more: Configure default categories.
To configure the Folder category:
2. Select Categories.
3. Press Properties next to the default category called Folder.
4. Define the visibility of folders in your library:
- The folders are visible in Google Drive for all readers of the library
This option is available in Team Folders and Secured Folders. It's the default option in Secured Folders.
If you select this option, the files and folders in the AODocs library are visible in Google Drive in the form of a Google Drive folder structure and the library is listed in the Smartbar library picker.
- The folders are editable in Google Drive for all contributors of the library
This option is available in Team Folders only. It's the default option.
- The folders can only be viewed through AODocs
This option is available in Secured Folders only. The files and folders in the AODocs library can be accessed only via the AODocs user interface. The files in the AODocs library can be found by keyword search in Google Drive, but when accessed from Google Drive they are not attached to any Google Drive folder.
Defining folder visibility in a Team Folder
Defining folder visibility in a Secured Folder
5. In Secured Folders and Document Management libraries, you can select the checkbox Only admins can create/modify/delete folders.
If you select this option, only administrators can create, rename, share, move and delete library subfolders. If you unselect this option, all contributors can create, rename, share, move and delete library subfolders.
Note: This setting can also be configured from the document class configuration page. Learn more: Prevent users from deleting documents and folders.
5. In Secured Folders only, you can select the checkbox Only admins can edit the root folder.
If you select this option, only administrators can delete, edit, move or create files and folders in the library’s root folder.