When you open a library in AODocs, the library homepage opens if you're in:
- a Team Folder or a Secured Folder with more than one view
- a Document Management library
– If you're in a Team Folder or a Secured Folder with only one view, the library opens on the view.
– To navigate to the homepage of your library, click the library name in the breadcrumb in the library header.
The library homepage contains:
Automatically generated table of contents
The top panel has the elements listed below.
The header is always displayed when you navigate in the library. From left to right it contains the following elements:
- Breadcrumb: shows the path of your current location – learn more: Use the navigation breadcrumb.
- Library security button: library administrators and super administrators can access the library security settings
- Library administration button:
- library administrators and super administrators can access the library administration interface – learn more: What is the library administration?
- maintenance managers can access the locked documents page, to manage locked documents
- category value managers can access the categories page, to configure existing category values
- Domain administration menu, where super administrators can select:
- Help menu, where you can select:
- Knowledge Base: to access the AODocs Knowledge Base or your company's specific documentation if your AODocs super administrator has customized the documentation URL.
- Support: to access AODocs support or your company's specific support URL if your AODocs super administrator has customized the support URL.
- Status page: to access the AODocs status page, which displays the current status of the AODocs services and the history of past service disruptions. On the status page you can also subscribe to service status alerts.
- About: to access information about the current version of AODocs
- User menu, where you can:
AODocs search bar
Use the search bar to find documents you have access to in the default view only.
Use this button to create new documents in the library. Learn more: Create AODocs documents.
The left panel has the list of views. The views of the library are configured by the library administrator. Learn more: What are views?
Tip: You can collapse or expand the list of views by clicking the Views button or the arrow button at the top of the list.
The central panel has the following elements:
- Home tab: displays the library description which can be customized by library administrators with text and images. Learn more: Customize the library homepage.
- Recent activity tab: displays an activity log of the library, such as creation and update of documents and workflow actions. You can scroll down to view older events.
Note: Library administrators can view more activities from the audit log.
- Refresh button: click to refresh the Recent activity tab.
– In the Recent activity tab, users can see only see the events on documents they have access to.
– If your library administrator has configured the Recent activity tab to be displayed only for groups or roles of which you're not a member, it is not displayed. Learn more: Configure your library's general settings.
The right panel has the list of workflow tasks, displayed only when your library has been configured with a workflow. It displays the number of documents where you have a pending workflow action for each workflow state. Learn more: Browse the workflow tasks in your library.
Tip: You can collapse or expand the list of workflow tasks by clicking the Workflow button or the arrow at the top of the list.