Locked documents are documents that can't be edited by contributors.
In some situations when users are performing actions on AODocs documents or files, AODocs locks the items to avoid conflict with actions by other users.
Documents are locked by AODocs in the following cases:
- when a user has opened the document properties tab in edit mode and hasn't yet saved their changes
- when a user has opened a Microsoft Office file:
Important: Locked documents are not displayed here when using:
– UFO, learn more: UFO: Manage locked and cached files
– the check-out feature
– the AODocs Retention Module, which locks documents that are in their retention period
Note: If you are running custom scripts with administrator privileges that performs modifications on your document, the document will be locked by [system].
Administrators and maintenance managers can release locked documents. Learn more: What are roles?
2. Select Locked documents in the left panel. A list of the documents that are currently locked is displayed.
For each document you can see:
- the Document ID and the Title of the document
- the Expiration column: the date and time the lock will be released automatically
- the Lock Owner column: the user who locked the document
3. To release a locked document, press Release.
Note: When you release a document, the user who locked it is not notified of the change.