Attachments are listed in the sidebar of your document. In Document Management libraries you can also access attachments in the Properties panel, under Attachments.
To work with Microsoft Office files in AODocs:
1. Open a document that has a Microsoft Office file attachment.
2. In the sidebar, select the Open file button next to the attachment. In Document Management libraries, you can also scroll down to the Attachments section under Properties.
Accessing attachments in a Document Management library
3. AODocs opens your document in the corresponding Microsoft Office application.
4. Edit the document. All Microsoft Office features are available.
5. Save your changes in the Microsoft Office application. Your document is synchronized in AODocs.
6. When you return to AODocs and open the attached file, you can see that your modifications have been saved.
- Two users can't edit the same file at the same time. The file is automatically locked when a user opens it. If another user tries to edit the file, they will only be able to save a local copy or open it in read only mode.
- If you keep a file open for one hour without saving it, the lock is released and another user can edit the file. You will no longer be able to edit the file again until the other user has finished editing. You can save the file locally to keep any unsaved changes.
Microsoft Office limitations when editing in AODocs
You can open Microsoft Office files on your computer only if:
- the file is a Microsoft Office Word, Excel or PowerPoint file with one of these extensions:
- Word document: docx, doc or docm
- PowerPoint document: pptx, ppt or pptm
- Excel document: xlsx, xls or xlsm
- you have Microsoft Office installed on your computer - supported versions are from Office 2010 SP2 up to the most recent version for Windows and Mac OS
- the name of the document doesn't exceed 250 characters
- the size of the document doesn't exceed 32 MB