Users can delete documents from an AODocs library (if they have permission).
When a user deletes a document:
- it goes to the AODocs library trash
- the document stays in the library trash for the defined library retention period and is then permanently deleted
During the retention period, library administrators can:
- permanently delete the document
- restore the document
This article explains how to:
|Delete documents from a view or folder|
|Delete documents from the document page|
Delete documents from a view or folder
Note: You can also delete folders from a view. Learn more: Delete folders in AODocs.
1. Select the document you want to delete in a view or folder.
2. Press the Delete button in the action bar.
3. Press Delete in the confirmation message.
Delete documents from the document page
1. Open a document.
2. Select Delete in the More Actions menu.
3. In the Delete document pop-up you can add a comment to indicate the reason for deleting the document.
4. Press Delete.
Note: The comment added will be visible to library administrators if they have the URL of the deleted document. Learn more: View more details about a deleted document.