Users can delete folders from an AODocs library (if they have permission).
When a user deletes a folder, it goes to the AODocs library trash and stays there for the defined library retention period. It is then permanently deleted. Learn more: Manage the retention period of deleted files.
During the retention period, library administrators can:
- permanently delete the folder and its content
- restore the folder and its content
To delete a folder:
1. In a view, select one or more folders you want to delete.
2. In the toolbar, select the trash button.
3. A confirmation message opens. Press Delete.
– As a contributor, you can only delete content that you can edit. For example, if you delete a folder containing read-only documents and edit-access documents, only the edit-access documents are sent to the library trash. The folder and the read-only documents it contains aren't deleted.
– Administrators can restore deleted folders and documents. Learn more: Manage deleted documents and folders.