As a library contributor, you can move documents or folders into a different folder within the same library.
– Folders are always available in Team Folders and Secured Folders. In Document Management libraries, folders must be configured by library administrators.
– Only library administrators can export documents or folders to other libraries.
This article describes how to:
|Move documents or folders from a view|
|Move a document from the document page|
Move documents or folders from a view
To move documents or folders from one folder to another:
1. Open a view.
2. Select the items you want to move.
Note: You can select folders and documents at the same time.
3. Press the folder button.
4. The Move pop-up opens. Select the folder where you want to move your items.
Note: The Move pop-up defaults to:
– the parent folder of the current folder (if one or more documents in the same folder are selected)
– the selected folder in the browse by view (if two or more documents in different folders are selected)
Tip: You can select existing folders or create new ones in your folder structure.
5. Press Move items.
Note: When you move documents to a different folder, the last modification date and author are not updated.
6. A progress bar appears at the top of the screen. Press View more details if you want to see details of the move operation.
Move a document from the document page
1. Open a document.
2. Select Move in the More actions menu.
Follow the procedure from step 4 above.