As a library contributor, you can move documents or folders into a different folder within the same library.
– Folders are always available in Team Folders and Secured Folders. In Document Management libraries, folders must be configured by library administrators.
– As standard, only library administrators can export documents or folders to other libraries.
This article describes how to:
Automatically generated table of contents
Move documents or folders from a view
To move documents or folders from one folder to another:
1. Open a view.
2. To move:
- documents – select the document you want to move and click the folder button in the toolbar
- a folder – select the folder, click the More actions menu and select Move to
Tip: In standard views you can select folders and documents in the central panel.
4. The Move dialog opens. Select the folder where you want to move your items.
Note: The Move dialog defaults to:
– the parent folder of the current folder (if one or more documents in the same folder are selected)
– the selected folder in the browse by view (if two or more documents in different folders are selected)
Tip: You can search existing folders or create new ones in your folder structure.
5. Click Move items.
Note: When you move documents to a different folder, the last modification date and author are not updated.
6. A progress bar appears at the top of the screen. Click View more details if you want to see details of the move operation.
Move a document from the document page
1. Open a document.
2. Select Move in the More actions menu.
Follow the procedure from step 4 above.