As a library administrator, you can access your Secured Folder settings directly from Google Drive.
Note: You can also configure your Secured Folder security settings in AODocs.
Automatically generated table of contents
Access the Secured Folder security center
1. Access a Secured Folder as a library administrator.
2. Click the gear button and select Security center.
In the General tab, you can:
- rename the Secured Folder’s root folder
Note: Don't use the Rename button in Google Drive to rename your Secured Foder, as AODoc doesn't recognize it.
- push the Secured Folder shortcut to the My Drive of all your users who have access to it (and notify them if required)
manage the time retention of deleted files
learn more: Display, restore or delete files from the trash
- access the activity report of the Secured Folder in the AODocs interface
In the Security tab you can prevent users from:
- changing the sharing permissions of files and folders in the Secured Folder
- deleting files and folders in the Secured Folder
- modifying the folder structure in the Secured Folder
Note: In Secured Folders, administrators can prevent users from deleting, renaming or creating files and folders at the root folder level. This option is available in the AODocs interface. Learn more: Configure security settings in Secured Folders from AODocs.
In the Permissions tab, you can configure who has access to the Secured Folder.
- define the permissions mode
- manage your root folder permissions
- add new users or groups to the Secured Folder
- edit permissions for existing users
In the Properties tab, you can add, edit or remove AODocs properties from a document class directly from Google Drive. Learn more: Configure custom properties from Google Drive.