With the AODocs Smartbar installed, library administrators can lock the folder structure of Secured Folders.
Note: You can also configure this setting in the AODocs interface.
1. In Google Drive, open a Secured Folder where you are defined as a library administrator.
2. Press the gear button and select Security center.
3. In the Security center pop-up, select the Security tab.
4. Select the checkbox Only administrators can modify the folder structure.
– If you select the checkbox, only administrators are authorized to create subfolders, copy the folder structure and rename, move or delete folders in the Secured Folder.
– If you don't select the checkbox, all users in the library with edit permissions are authorized to create subfolders, copy the folder structure and rename, move or delete folders.
5. Press Done to save.
Note: You may experience some delay to see the changes applied because AODocs needs to update the Google Drive permissions on every file in the Secured Folder. For example, for a library with thousands of documents, it can take several hours before the change is fully effective.
For contributors, the action buttons are now unavailable at the folder level.
Learn more: Define who can modify the folder structure from the AODocs interface.