AODocs libraries contain pre-defined roles, each with a specific set of permissions.
Learn more: What are roles?
Library administrators can:
|Assign pre-defined roles to users or groups|
|Edit the description of pre-defined roles|
Assign pre-defined roles to users or groups
2. Select Roles. The list of roles in your library appears.
Note: Team Folders don't have the pre-defined roles Contributors or Readers.
3. Press the name of a pre-defined role. A list of members opens.
4. Press the Add button and select one of:
- Add users or groups
- Add everybody: everyone in your domain becomes a member of the group
5. If you selected Add users or groups, a popup opens where you can select users or groups. Enter names or email addresses of individuals or Google groups in your domain.
– If you assign an advanced permissions role to a user who isn't defined in the library, they won't have access to the library. Learn more: What are roles?
– In Secured Folders and Document Management libraries, you can assign advanced permissions roles to any user defined as a contributor or reader in the library.
– In Team Folders, you can assign advanced permissions roles to any user with read or edit access to the library. Learn more: Configure security settings in Team Folders from AODocs.
– You can assign any number of advanced permissions role to a given user.
6. Press Save.
– To delete a user or group from the list of members, press the trash button. The user is then marked for delete. When you press Save the user or group is deleted from the list of members.
– Press the marked for delete button to cancel your selection.
Edit the description of pre-defined roles
1. In the list of roles, press the More actions button next to a pre-defined role and select Edit name and description.
2. In the Edit role popup, change the description of the pre-defined role.
Note: You can't delete pre-defined roles or change their names.