The AODocs storage account is a Google Account belonging to your G Suite domain that you assign to AODocs. It's used by AODocs to own managed files in Google Drive.
AODocs super administrators need to create multiple AODocs storage accounts when managing a large number of files and to avoid performance bottlenecks.
Note: We recommend not to exceed 50,000 active files per storage account. For more information about AODocs performance best practices, contact the AODocs Support team by email at email@example.com or open a ticket.
Access the storage account settings
2. Select Storage. The Storage accounts table is displayed.
Understand the Storage accounts table
The table has the following columns:
- Storage account: the email addresses of the storage accounts available for AODocs
- Libraries: the number of libraries managed by the storage account
- Documents: the number of documents owned by the storage account
- Attachments: the number of attachments (Google Drive files) owned by the storage account
- Subscriptions: the number of shares on documents owned by the storage account
- Availability: the users or groups who can select the storage account when they create a library
- Storage quota: the percentage of your quota used by the storage account
Manage the default storage account
When a user creates a library, they need to select which storage account will own all its documents. Each library can have only one storage account. However, a single storage account can be used for several libraries.
If more than one storage account has been configured, when a user creates a new library, AODocs prompts the user to select a storage account from the list of available accounts. This list is restricted to the storage accounts for which the availability setting includes this user.
You can change the default storage account by selecting the Default checkbox in the Storage accounts table.
Important: Your changes are applied immediately.
Filter your storage accounts
You can apply filters to your list of storage accounts to search for storage accounts based on their:
- name – partial or full email address
- statistics – minimum and maximum number of libraries, documents and attachments
1. Press the filter button.
2. Enter the required search criteria.
3. Press Apply filters. The list of storage accounts that match your search criteria is displayed.
Tip: Press Reset to remove the filters and display all your storage accounts.
Create a storage account
1. Press the Add button.
2. Enter the email address of the new storage account.
3. Select the storage account availability:
- Only library creators: only library creators and AODocs super administrators can select the storage account when they create a library
- Nobody: nobody (this means no library creators or AODocs super administrators) can select the storage account when they create a library
Note: You can't set a storage account as the default if its availability is set as Nobody.
- Only for: only one individual user or group can select the storage account when they create a library
Notes: In the Only for field:
– you can enter only one email address
– you can add any user or group with access to your domain, including a whitelisted external user or group; learn more: Manage external users
Important: This user or group doesn't have to be defined in the list of library creators for them to be able to create a library and select the storage account.
Learn more: Manage library creators.
4. Press Save.
Edit the availability of a storage account
Note: You can't edit the default storage account.
1. Select the storage account to edit.
2. Open the More actions menu.
3. Select Edit.
4. Select one of the storage account availability options.
5. Press Save.
Remove a storage account
Note: You can't remove:
– a storage account that manages a library
– the default storage account
1. Select the storage account to remove.
2. Open the More actions menu.
3. Press Remove.
Best practices for managing storage accounts
The display name of the storage account is not managed in AODocs but corresponds to the First Name and Last Name of the Google Account. Your G Suite administrator could provide you with several technical accounts with different email addresses but with same name. This provides coherence in the Google Drive interface because only the technical account name is displayed. Learn more about renaming G Suite accounts.
Important: Changing a storage account's email address, First Name or Last Name will cause conflicts with the way AODocs works in the Google Drive interface. If you want to perform such modifications, contact the AODocs Support team by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or open a ticket.