This article is for G Suite super administrators.
You should use this procedure only if your organization uses Gmail as its email system.
If this is not the case, ask your email system administrator to set up forwarding rules of all your storage accounts to the following email address: [email protected].
Why do you need to set a forwarding rule for the storage account?
If you don't implement a forwarding rule, when users make sharing requests on AODocs documents, the requests are sent by email only to the storage account.
This is a technical account, so if no one regularly accesses the mailbox of the storage account, the sharing requests won't be received and processed by the appropriate person, and the sharing requests will be lost.
When you implement the simple forwarding rule described in this article:
- your storage accounts are identified (tagged) via a group
- the sharing request emails received by the storage accounts are redirected to AODocs via this AODocs email address: [email protected]
- when the emails reach the AODocs back-end, AODocs performs a triage to assign the sharing request to the corresponding library administrator
- AODocs sends emails to the corresponding library administrator
- the library administrator can process the sharing requests of users
Configure a forwarding rule for storage accounts
Create an admin group
As a G Suite super administrator:
1. Go to admin.google.com.
2. Select Groups.
3. Press Create group.
4. We advise you to use the following settings:
- Name of the group: AODocs email forwarding group
- Group email address: [email protected]yourdomain.com
- Description: This Google Group is used in the G Suite Control Panel email routing rules to forward all the emails received by the AODocs storage accounts to AODocs Application.
- Access Level: Restricted
Note: Do not delete this admin group for as long as you use AODocs in G Suite.
Add the storage accounts to the newly created admin group
Create the forwarding rule in Google
1. In admin.google.com, select Apps.
2. Select G Suite, then Gmail.
3. Under Advanced settings, scroll down to Routing. You can also use the search bar.
4. Press Edit.
5. Configure the routing rule with the following settings (leave empty the settings not mentioned):
- Short description: Used to forward the emails sent to the AODocs Service Accounts to AODocs.
- Messages to affect: select Inbound and Internal - receiving
- Envelope filter: select Only affect specific envelope recipients
- Under Group membership (only received mail): select Group: AODocs Emails Forwarding Group ([email protected])
Note: If you have more than one organization, set up the routing rule at the root organization.
6. Under For the above types of messages do the following, scroll down and select: Modify message, then Also deliver to: [email protected].
6. Save the routing rule.