As a library administrator, you can define your library administrators, contributors and readers though the library security settings.
Note: If you are administrator of a Team Folder or a Secured Folder, you are recommended to access the library settings from the Google Drive interface with the AODocs Smartbar. Learn more:
– Team Folder security center
– Secured Folder security center
|Access your library security settings|
|Manage your library's visibility|
|Add users and Google groups and manage library roles|
|Video: Share your Document Management libraries|
Access your library security settings
2. Select Administration > Library security. The Library security pop-up opens.
Manage your library's visibility
Manage the access users have to your library by selecting a visibility option:
- Private library: only listed users and groups have access - only added users and Google groups can access the library
- Public library: all users in the domain have reader access - all domain users can access the library and have a reader role
- Public library: all users in the domain have contributor access - all domain users can access the library and have a contributor role
Learn more: What are roles?
Add users and Google groups and manage library roles
Regardless of the visibility option chosen, you can grant access to your library to specific users or Google groups.
Important: If a user is defined by both a visibility option and in specific permissions (as an individual user or in a Google group), the wider permissions will be granted to this user.
To add users and define their roles in the library:
1. Enter the email address of a user or Google Group.
2. Press Add. The user or group is added to the list.
3. Define the role of the user:
Learn more: Predefined library roles.
Note: After the creation of a new library, the library creator is assigned a library administrator role. Library administrators can add and remove users and administrators.
4. Press Save.
5. You can press the Apply same permissions to root folder’s children items link to apply these library permissions to every document in the library. This resets any existing document permissions.
6. Press the red cross to remove a user or group.