As a library administrator, you can configure the security settings and permissions in your Document Management libraries from the AODocs interface.
Automatically generated table of contents
Access your library security settings
2. Press the Library security button. The Library security pop-up opens.
Define your library permissions
Select a visibility option
Manage the access users have to your library by selecting a visibility option:
- Private library: only listed users and groups have access - select the required users and groups
- Public library: all users in the domain have reader access - all domain users can access the library and have a reader role
- Public library: all users in the domain have contributor access - all domain users can access the library and have a contributor role
Note: If you choose to make your library public on your your entire domain with either reader or contributor access, a confirmation message appears.
Tip: You can prevent documents in Document Management libraries being shared publicly on whole domain. In this case, the public visibility options in the drop-down menu aren't available.
Learn more: What are roles?
Give users and groups access to your Document Management library
Regardless of the visibility option chosen, you can grant access to your library to specific users or groups.
Important: If a user is defined by both a visibility option and in specific permissions (as an individual user or in a group), the wider permissions will be granted to this user.
To add users and define their roles in the library:
1. Enter the email address of a user, Google group or Microsoft group.
2. Press Add. The user or group is added to the list.
3. Define the role of the user or group:
– After the creation of a new library, the library creator is assigned a library administrator role.
– Making users library administrators adds them to the administrator predefined role. Learn more: Predefined library roles.
– Members of the administrator role have full access to all the documents in the library, bypassing the document-level security. Administrators are automatically members of the contributor and reader roles.
Tip: Press the cross to remove a user or group.
4. You can press Apply same permissions to root folder’s children items to apply these library permissions to every document in the library. This resets any existing document permissions.
5. If required, select Prevent viewers from downloading, copying and printing.
Learn more: Prevent viewers from downloading, copying and printing.
6. Press Save.