The Outlook add-in lets you save emails and their attachments to AODocs Document Management libraries using Google Cloud Storage or Azure Blob storage. You can also use the Outlook add-in to pick attachments from AODocs and add them to a draft email.
Learn more: Where is my content stored?
This article describes how to attach files from AODocs directly in a draft email.
1. Create a draft email.
2. Open the Outlook add-in. Depending on whether you're using the Outlook desktop app or web app and whether you're on Windows or Mac, there are various ways of doing this:
- Click the AODocs button in the action bar.
- Open the More actions menu in the email, then select AODocs.
3. In the Outlook add-in panel, select a library. Only libraries in which you are contributor are listed.
Tip: Use the search bar to search for your library if the list of libraries is long.
4. Select a document. If required, select a view first.
– Use the search bar to search for your document if the list of documents is long.
– Click the Open in new tab button to open a document in the AODocs interface.
5. Select which attachments you want to add to your email. A message appears when an attachment is added.
6. Click the cross in the top right of the panel to close the Outlook Add-in.
You can now send your email with the attached file.