The Outlook add-in lets you save emails and their attachments to AODocs Document Management libraries using Google Cloud Storage or Azure Blob storage. You can also use the Outlook add-in to pick attachments from AODocs and add them to a draft email.
Learn more: Where is my content stored?
Important: You can't install the Outlook add-in unless your organisation has specific licences. Contact your AODocs sales representative or send an email to email@example.com.
The Outlook add-in can be installed:
- individually, as described in this article
- on your AODocs domain by your IT administrator
You can install the Outlook add-in on:
- the Outlook desktop app
- the Outlook web app (in your browser)
Important: If you want to use the Outlook add-in on both the desktop app and the web app, you must install it in each app separately.
In this article:
Automatically generated table of contents
Install the Outlook add-in
1. In Outlook, access the Get Add-ins feature. Learn more from the Microsoft documentation: Get an Office Add-in for Outlook.
Tip: If the Get Add-ins button isn’t present, activate the Try it now button to access upcoming features.Then restart Outlook.
2. Select My add-ins in the left panel and scroll down to Custom add-ins.
3. Select Add from URL in the Add a custom add-in drop down menu.
4. In the Add private add-in from a URL dialog, paste one of the following URLs into the field:
https://outlook-addin.us.aodocs.app/assets/manifest.xml(for the US instance)
https://outlook-addin.eu.aodocs.app/assets/manifest.xml(for the EU instance)
Important: Your Outlook add-in instance must correspond to your AODocs instance. Find out which AODocs instance you're using (European or US) and select your Outlook add-in instance accordingly.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Install.
The AODocs Outlook add-in is displayed in your list of add-ins.
The first time you use the Outlook add-in after installing it, you must grant permissions.
You can now use the Outlook add-in.