Migrate for AODocs is a tool that allows you to migrate files and folders into your AODocs libraries.
Important: Migrate for AODocs is currently available for our service teams only. For EAP access, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article contains a checklist of what you need to set up before you can use Migrate for AODocs. It also provides some general recommendations.
|What do I need to do before I get started with Migrate for AODocs?|
What do I need to do before I get started with Migrate for AODocs?
These actions are for Google Workspace admins or Migrate for AODocs admins.
On your Google domain, create:
- one or more migration accounts to perform migrations; these accounts must have access to the target domains and libraries
- one or more uploader accounts (recommended five per Migrate for AODocs workspace) and add them to the Google domain where you're running Migrate for AODocs
In Migrate for AODocs:
- add the migration accounts that will perform migrations to the appropriate Migrate for AODocs workspaces
- assign uploader accounts to the workspaces used by the migration account
Whitelist the following URLs on your Google domain:
As Google Workspace admin, whitelist the following URLs on your Google domain:
To run migrations using Gateway, users must:
- intall Gateway
- install Java 11 (don't use versions 8 or above 11)
- have write access to their AppData folder (on Windows) required to store technical information such as credentials and Sharepoint cached results
- have write access to the folder where the command line runs, to be able to write logs
Your network must have:
- a valid public certificate if you're running migrations from Sharepoint
- Virtual Private Network (VPN) enabled, if any
- No proxy included in the browser (Gateway runs using the command line)
Multiple users should never use the same workspace when using Gateway.
Gateway processes the pending migrations of the workspace. This means that if more than one instances of Gateway are running on the same workspace for different users, this will pick the migrations of the other user.
- one user can run two migrations that use Gateway (such as CSV and Lotus Notes)
- two users, each running a migration that uses Gateway must run their migrations in separate workspaces
Do not exceed 100,000 documents per migration.
Try to split the source data you intend to migrate into specific business cases:
- We recommend migrating a large source dataset into multiple libraries.
- To optimize the upload stage (learn more: What is Migrate for AODocs?) we recommend using five uploader accounts per workspace; you must use at least one and a maximum of ten per workspace.
- Don't share uploader accounts across workspaces, as this consumes the same quota multiplied by the number of times they're shared.
- Don't run migrations containing more than 10 million values in total.
In the data sheet (or CSV), name your headers with strictly distinct values (case insensitive).
- Avoid retrying a migration that is running without a good reason to do so.
- Do not repeatedly click the “play” button if it doesn't respond instantly. If it seems “stuck”, refresh the page before clicking again to be sure the problem isn’t due to a slow network.