Migrate for AODocs is a tool that allows you to migrate files and folders into your AODocs libraries.
Important: Migrate for AODocs is currently available for our service teams only. For EAP access, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
|Display your migrations in progress|
|View and edit your migrations|
|Display your completed migrations|
Display your migrations in progress
The Running board shows all migrations that are in progress in the current workspace. Each card on the board corresponds to a migration. Learn more: Basic definitions: workspaces.
You can monitor the progress of your migrations through the different migration phases. Learn more: What is Migrate for AODocs?
Migration cards progress across the board as follows:
- When you start a migration, your migration progresses through the extraction phase and stops at the upload phase.
- For migration types that require Gateway, press Retry and then Click to start upload in Gateway on the migration card.
For migration types that don't require Gateway, press Start upload on the migration card.
- The migration progresses to the setup phase.
- Press Start validation on the migration card. The migration progresses to the creation phase and Migrate for AODocs creates your new AODocs documents. The migration then disappears from the Running tab. Learn more: View your completed migrations.
– If you selected Bypass validation before import in your configuration, your migration proceeds directly through all phases without user validation. Learn more: Common options for all migration types.
– If an error occurs, the card can't progress through the remaining phases until you correct the error – Learn more: Manage errors.
The status indicator on the bottom right of the cards has the following meanings:
|Migration is running|
|Migration is paused, waiting for user action due to missing information|
|Migration is pending / waiting for user to confirm to send migration to next phase|
|An error has occurred – learn more: Manage errors|
Note: Migrations can be pending in the extraction, validation, upload, and setup phases. It means they are waiting for Gateway action or user action to continue. Learn more: Basic definitions: Gateway.
View and edit your migrations
1. Click a migration card. The right side panel opens, with three tabs:
- Status: displays the number of documents being migrated, the timestamp of the last update and details of the source files
- Details: displays the options selected in the configuration screen
- Activity: displays a history of the activity on your migration since it was created
2. You can:
- run an action (if available for your migration)
- duplicate your migration
- remove your migration card from the board
- manage errors
- access the migration spreadsheet
Note: You can’t make any changes to the migration settings once your migration has started.
Display your completed migrations
Select the Finished tab. Your list of completed migrations is displayed.
Tip: Press the spreadsheet icon on the left to access the migration spreadsheet.
If required, you can remove migrations from this list: open the migration and press Delete in the information pop-up that opens.
To display the migrations you deleted from this list, select the Deleted checkbox in the top right corner.
You can duplicate migrations that are in progress or completed. To duplicate migrations in progress, open the right side panel. Learn more: View the details of your migrations.
To duplicate a completed migration:
2. Open the migration and press Copy in the information pop-up that opens.
3. Press OK in the confirmation pop-up.
A new migration is created and progresses through the migration phases in the normal way. You can make any required adaptations to your duplicated migration in the migration spreadsheet (including its name).
If an error occurs during your migration, the status indicator on the migration card displays a warning icon.
1. Click the migration card. The right side panel opens, indicating the reason for the error.
2. Correct the error and press Retry to relaunch your migration.