Migrate for AODocs is a tool that allows you to migrate files and folders into your AODocs libraries.
Important: Migrate for AODocs is currently available for our service teams only. For EAP access, contact email@example.com.
|Display your migrations in progress|
|View details of your migrations and perform actions|
|Display your completed migrations|
|Display your deleted migrations|
Display your migrations in progress
The Running tab shows all migrations that are in progress in the current workspace. Press the name of the current workspace in the top left corner to switch to a different workspace. Learn more: Basic definitions: workspaces.
Tip: Select the option "-" to view your quick migrations.
Each card on the Running tab corresponds to a migration. You can monitor the progress of your migrations through the different migration phases. Learn more: What is Migrate for AODocs?
– If you didn't select the Edit sheet before import checkbox in your configuration, your migration proceeds directly through all phases without user validation. Learn more: Common options for all migration types and Run your migration.
– If an error occurs, the migration can't progress through the remaining phases until you correct the error. Learn more: Manage errors.
– When a migration is completed it moves to the Finished tab. Learn more: View your completed migrations.
The status indicator on the bottom right of the cards has the following meanings:
|Migration is running|
|Migration is paused and waiting for user action to send the migration to the next phase|
|Migration is pending and waiting for Gateway or user action
(for example, if you run a file server migration and Gateway stops before the extraction phase is complete; you need to rerun Gateway).
|An error has occurred – learn more: Manage errors|
View details of your migrations and perform actions
1. Click a migration card. The right side panel opens, with the tabs:
- Status: displays the current status, the number of documents being migrated, the timestamp of the last update and details of the source files
- Activity: displays a history of the activity on your migration since it was created; for completed migrations, it displays the migration report
2. You can:
- run an action (if available for your migration)
- duplicate your migration
- remove your migration card from the Running tab
- manage errors
- access the migration spreadsheet
If you have read access to the library, you can:
- press the domain name to access the AODocs homepage in a new tab
- press the library name to open the library homepage in a new tab
Users who don't have read access just see the IDs.
Note: You can’t make any changes to the migration settings once your migration has started.
Display your completed migrations
Select the Finished tab. Your list of completed migrations is displayed.
– Press the spreadsheet icon on the left to access the migration spreadsheet.
– Press the name of a migration to open the right side panel showing details of the migration.
If required, you can remove migrations from this list: press Delete in the right side panel.
Display your deleted migrations
Select the Deleted tab. Your list of deleted migrations is displayed.
The Status column indicates the status of the migration when it was deleted:
You can duplicate migrations and run them again.
2. Press Copy in the side panel.
3. Press Yes in the confirmation pop-up.
A new migration is created and progresses through the migration phases in the normal way.
– If you duplicate a migration for which you didn't select the Edit sheet before import checkbox, the duplicated migration proceeds immediately through all phases without user validation.
– If you did selected the Edit sheet before import, you can made any required adaptations to your duplicated migration in the migration sheet (including its name).
If an error occurs during your migration, the status indicator on the migration card displays a warning icon.
1. Click the migration card. The right side panel opens, indicating the reason for the error.
2. Correct the error and press Retry to relaunch your migration.
Learn more: Troubleshooting in Migrate for AODocs.