Migrate for AODocs is a tool that allows you to migrate files and folders into your AODocs libraries.
Migrate for AODocs administrators and Workspace admins must set up Migrate for AODocs before users can access and use it. Learn more: Administrators: Set up and manage Migrate for AODocs.
This article explains how to get started with Migrate for AODocs when the initial setup by administrators is complete.
Automatically generated table of contents
Link to access Migrate for AODocs
Follow one of these links to access Migrate for AODocs, depending on which AODocs instance you're uisng:
Learn more: Find out which AODocs instance you're using.
Access Migrate for AODocs for the first time
You must perform these extra setup steps the first time you use Migrate for AODocs:
- Grant permissions to access the Cloud API
- Install and activate Gateway if you're planning to run any of the following migration types:
- File server
- SharePoint on premise
- Lotus Notes
1. Access Migrate for AODocs and sign in.
Note: The Cloud API is needed so Migrate for AODocs can create documents. It accesses the migration spreadsheet that lists your documents and it connects Migrate for AODocs to AODocs.
4. If required, change the domain to which you'll migrate your documents: click your avatar and select the required domain.
Note: When you access Migrate for AODocs for the first time, your default domain is selected. When you access Migrate for AODocs subsequently, the last domain you used is selected.
The welcome page opens.
- Import into AODocs
All users can access the quick option.
This is the simplest use case. There's no need to install Gateway. You just select a Drive folder or Google spreadsheet, an AODocs library and a document class. You don't have to edit your import before running it (but you can if you want to!)
Learn more: Run your migrations in quick mode.
- Migrate into AODocs
Use this option to run any migration type.
Note: Depending on which migration type you choose, you may need to install Gateway.
You'll extract a summary of your migration before running it, so you can benefit from all Migrate for AODocs features, such as editing and adding metadata (properties).
Learn more: Run your migrations in advanced mode.
- Export and update in bulk
Use this option to access Bulk Updater, where you can:
- export an AODocs view.
Your domain is selected by default. All you need to do is select a library and a view. Learn more: Configure and run a simple export in Bulk Updater.
- export and update properties in your AODocs documents.
Your domain is selected by default. Configure the advanced export and update options. Learn more: Configure and run an advanced export in Bulk Updater.
Tip: To return to the welcome page when you've selected a mode, click Migrate for AODocs in the top left of the screen.
You must install Gateway to run any of the following migration types:
- File server
- SharePoint on premise
- Lotus Notes
Important: These migration types are grayed out (unavailable) until you install Gateway.
Learn more: Basic definitions: Gateway
1. If you don't have the Java Development Kit installed, follow this link to install it.
Important: Install any version of the Java Development kit from 11 to 17. Make sure you change the default selection when you choose the version to install.
2. Click the Connect Gateway button at the top of the screen. The Gateway Management dialog opens.
3. Migrate for AODocs recognises your operating system. You can select a different operating system if required.
Note: The option Java is for troubleshooting purposes. Don't select this option under normal circumstances.
4. Click the download button file. An executable file downloads onto your device.
If you're using Mac or Linux:
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the folder where the executable file is located – for example, if your file is in the downloads folder, run the command:
- Run the command:
chmod +x manager_gateway-manager-mac
- Open your file browser and run the executable file.
Note: If your antivirus software prevents you from running executable files, you can run the Gateway from a terminal window.
6. Click Synchronize in the Gateway management dialog.
7. A sign in prompt opens. Sign in to your account and grant the required permissions.
Note: You must leave the terminal window open during your migrations. If you close it, Gateway stops and any migrations in progress are interrupted. To resume the migrations, you must synchronize Gateway again.
When the process is complete, the Gateway information dialog displays details about your Gateway connection.
8. Click Close.
Tip: You can click Stop to stop checking for pending migrations every 10 seconds. You may want to do this in order to change the workspace without stopping Gateway.
Learn more: What next?
Check the status of Gateway
Click the Gateway button at any time to see the status of Gateway:
|Gateway is not connected or not initialized. Click to connect it.|
|Gateway is connected. Click to check its status.|
Gateway is outdated because there's a new version or is not synchronized with the current context.
Click to view details and then click Synchronize.
When the Gateway is outdated or is not synchronized with the current context (for example, if you changed the workspace without stopping Gateway), when you click the Gateway button, the Gateway information dialog appears with an explanation. Click Synchronize.
Workaround: Run the Gateway from a terminal window
Some antiviruse software prevents you from running executable files. In this case, when you have downloaded the Gateway executable file:
1. Open a terminal window and navigate to the folder where the JAR file is located. For example, if your file is in the downloads folder, run the command:
2. Run this command:
java -jar gateway_x.x.jar
gateway_x.x is the name of the file you downloaded.
The setup is complete and you’re now ready to run your migrations! Learn more:
Sign out of Migrate for AODocs and Gateway
To sign out of both Migrate for AODocs and Gateway, select your avatar in the top right corner of the screen and select Disconnect. You are signed out immediately.