Migrate for AODocs is a tool that allows you to migrate files and folders into your AODocs libraries.
Migrate for AODocs administrators and Workspace admins must set up Migrate for AODocs before users can access and use it. Learn more: Administrators: Set up and manage Migrate for AODocs.
This article explains how to get started with Migrate for AODocs when the initial setup by administrators is complete.
|Link to Migrate for AODocs|
|Access Migrate for AODocs for the first time|
|Access Migrate for AODocs and grant permissions|
Link to Migrate for AODocs
Follow this link to access Migrate for AODocs: https://migration.aodocs.com
Access Migrate for AODocs for the first time
You must perform these extra setup steps the first time you use Migrate for AODocs:
- Grant permissions to access the Cloud API
- Install and activate Gateway if you're planning to run any of the following migration types:
- File server
- SharePoint on premise
- Lotus Notes
Access Migrate for AODocs and grant permissions
1. Access Migrate for AODocs and sign in.
Note: The Cloud API is needed so Migrate for AODocs can create documents. It accesses the migration spreadsheet that lists your documents and it connects Migrate for AODocs to AODocs.
4. If required, change the domain to which you'll migrate your documents: press your avatar and select the required domain.
Note: When you access Migrate for AODocs for the first time, your default domain is selected. When you access Migrate for AODocs subsequently, the last domain you used is selected.
The welcome page opens.
All users can access the quick options:
This is the simplest use case. There's no need to install Gateway. You just select a Drive folder or Google spreadsheet, an AODocs library and a document class. You don't have to edit your import before running it (but you can if you want to!)
Learn more: Run your migrations in quick mode.
|Use this option to open the quick export screen in Bulk Updater where you can export an AODocs view. Your domain is selected by default. All you need to do is select a library and a view. Learn more: Configure and run a simple export in Bulk Updater.|
Use this option to run any migration type.
Note: Depending on which migration type you choose, you may need to install Gateway.
You'll extract a summary of your migration before running it, so you can benefit from all Migrate for AODocs features, such as editing and adding metadata (properties).
Learn more: Run your migrations in advanced mode.
|Use this option to open the advanced export screen in Bulk Updater where you can export and update properties in your AODocs documents. Your domain is selected by default. Configure the advanced export and update options. Learn more: Configure and run an advanced export in Bulk Updater.|
Tip: To return to the welcome page when you've selected a mode, press Migrate for AODocs in the top left of the screen.
You must install Gateway to run any of the following migration types:
- File server
- SharePoint on premise
- Lotus Notes
Important: These migration types are grayed out (unavailable) until you install Gateway.
Learn more: Basic definitions: Gateway
1. If you don’t have the Java Development Kit installed, follow this link to install it.
Important: You must install Java Development Kit version 11, not a higher version. Make sure you change the default selection.
2. Press the Connect Gateway icon at the top of the screen. The Gateway Management pop-up opens.
3. Migrate for AODocs recognizes your operating system. You can select a different operating system if required.
Note: The option Java is for troubleshooting purposes. Don't select this option under normal circumstances.
4. Press the download button. An executable file downloads onto your device.
5. If you're using Windows: open your file browser and run the executable file.
If you're using Mac or Linux:
- Open a terminal window and navigate to the folder where the executable file is located – for example, if your file is in the downloads folder, run the command:
- Run the command:
chmod +x manager_gateway-manager-mac
- Open your file browser and run the executable file.
The terminal window opens.
Note: You must leave the terminal window open during your migrations. If you close it, Gateway stops and any migrations in progress are interrupted. To resume the migrations, you must synchronize Gateway again.
6. Press Synchronize in the Gateway management pop-up.
7. A login prompt opens. Log in to your account and grant the required permissions.
When the process is complete, the Gateway information pop-up opens, with details about your Gateway connection.
8. Press Close.
Tip: You can press Stop to stop checking for pending migrations every 10 seconds. You may want to do this in order to change the workspace without stopping Gateway.
Press the Gateway button at any time to see the status of Gateway:
|Gateway is not connected or not initialized. Press to connect it.|
|Gateway is connected. Press to check its status.|
Gateway is outdated because there's a new version.
Press to view details and then press Synchronize.
When the Gateway is outdated or is not synchronized with the current context (for example, if you changed the workspace without stopping Gateway), when you press the Gateway button, the Gateway information pop-up appears with an explanation. Press Synchronize.
Gateway is not synchronized with the current workspace
The setup is complete and you’re now ready to run your migrations! Learn more: