Libraries are document containers. Each library has its own specific configuration.
Libraries are associated with a storage platform where the attachments in your libraries are stored. Learn more about the storage platforms available and the differences between them.
In AODocs, you can create a library from a template. These are libraries that have been preconfigured to answer a specific use case.
Note: You can also:
– Create a library by copy
– Create a library from scratch
Important: What type of library can I create from templates?
– You can create any type of library using Google Drive from templates.
– You can create Document Management libraries using other storage platforms only from scratch, not by copy or from templates.
Important: Who can create which type of library?
Google users can create any type of library. Microsoft users can create only Document Management libraries and only from scratch, not from templates or by copy.
In addition, you must be one of the following:
– a user defined as a library creator at the AODocs tenant level; learn more: Manage library creators
– an AODocs super administrator
– an individual user or group given the right to select an AODocs storage account; learn more: Create an AODocs storage account (Only for option)
To create a new library from a template:
1. Access the AODocs homepage.
2. Press the Create library button.
3. In the Create library panel, scroll down to the Library templates section and select the required template.
A library template page opens, with a description of the main features of the library template. You can also access tutorials.
4. Press Create library in the top right corner of the library template page.
5. A pop-up opens. Enter a name for your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but it must be unique. Two libraries can't have the same name.
6. Select an AODocs storage account for your new library.
– If only one AODocs storage account is configured on your AODocs tenant, it's selected by default.
– If several AODocs storage accounts have been configured, select the AODocs storage account you want to assign to this library from the list. This list includes only AODocs storage accounts for which the current user is included in the availability setting.
7. Press Create library. Your library is now created.
When you create:
- Document Management libraries and Secure Folders, you're redirected to the library homepage in the AODocs user interface
- Team Folders, you're redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive interface.
Note: In Team Folders and Secured Folders, you can switch between the AODocs interface and Google Drive.
When the library has been created, the library creator receives an email to confirm that the library has been created.
8. You can now apply permissions and start using your preconfigured library.
Important: When you create a library from a template:
– The library is shared only with the library creator.
– Template documents and attachments are copied from the library template.
– Create documents in Document Management libraries
– Share documents in Document Management libraries