Libraries are document containers. Each library has its own specific configuration.
In AODocs, you can create a library from scratch. You'll create a blank library without any pre-existing configuration.
Important: Who can create which type of library?
Google users can create any type of library. Microsoft users can create only Document Management libraries.
In addition, you must be one of the following:
– a user defined as a library creator at the domain level; learn more: Manage library creators
– an AODocs super administrator
– an individual user or group given the right to select an AODocs storage account; learn more: Create an AODocs storage account (Only for option)
To create a new library from scratch:
2. Click the Create library button.
3. In the Create library panel select the type of library to create:
- Google users can see boxes for the three types of AODocs library: Team Folder, Secured Folder and Document Management library
- Microsoft users can see a box for the Document Management library type
Tip: Each box contains a brief description of the library type. Click Learn more to access tutorials.
4. Click Create.
5. In the library creation dialog, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but it must be unique. Two libraries can't have the same name.
6. Select an AODocs storage account for your new library.
– If only one AODocs storage account is configured on your domain, it's selected by default.
– If several AODocs storage accounts have been configured, select the AODocs storage account you want to assign to this library from the list. This list includes only AODocs storage accounts for which the current user is included in the availability setting.
- AODocs Managed Cloud
One Google Cloud Storage bucket is created for each document class in your library. A bucket is created when you create your library and each time you create a document class.
- Azure Blob storage: A single Azure Blob storage container that you create and manage stores all the attachments of your library. This container must exist already and be correctly configured, for example, AODocs must be able to create, update, get, and delete objects in the container.
Enter the container's ID.
- Google Cloud Storage
A single Google Cloud Storage bucket that you create and manage stores all the attachments of your library. This bucket must exist already and be correctly configured, for example, AODocs must be able to create, update, get, and delete objects in the bucket.
Enter the bucket’s URI.
- Google Drive
All the attachments in your library will be stored in the Google Drive associated with the AODocs storage account you selected in the previous step.
– You only see the storage platforms that have been activated on your domain and that are available to you. For example, Microsoft users don't see the first option because they can create only Document Management libraries using Google Cloud Storage or Azure Blob storage.
– You can't change the type of storage after creating your library.
Learn more: Data localization options.
8. Click Create Library. Your library is now created.
When you create:
- Document Management libraries and Secured Folders, you're redirected to the library homepage in the AODocs user interface
- Team Folders, you're redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive interface.
Note: In Team Folders and Secured Folders, you can switch between the AODocs interface and Google Drive.
When the library has been created, the library creator receives an email to confirm that the library has been created.
9. Start configuring your library.
Learn more about how to get started and configure your library: