Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents in your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
In AODocs, you can create a library from a template. These are libraries that have been preconfigured to answer a specific use case.
Important: The following users can create libraries:
– users defined as library creators at the domain level; learn more: Manage library creators
– AODocs super adminisrators
– an individual user or group given the right to select a storage account; learn more: Create a storage account (Only for option)
To create a new library from a template:
1. Access the AODocs homepage.
2. Press the Create library button.
3. The Create library panel opens. Scroll down to the Library templates section and select the required template.
A library template page opens, with a description of the main features of the library template. You can also access tutorials.
4. Press Create library in the top right corner of the library template page.
5. A pop-up opens. Enter a name for your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but it must be unique. Two libraries can't have the same name.
6. Select a storage account for your new library.
– If only one storage account is configured on your domain, it's selected by default.
– If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list. This list includes only storage accounts for which the current user is included in the availability setting.
7. Press Create library. Your library is now created.
For Document Management libraries, you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs user interface.
For Team Folder and Secured Folder libraries, you are redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive interface.
You can then switch between the AODocs interface and Google Drive.
When the library has been created, the library creator receives an email to confirm that the library has been created.
7. You can now apply permissions and start using your preconfigured library.
Important: When you create a library from a template:
– The library is shared only with the library creator.
– Template documents and attachments are copied from the library template.
– Create documents in Document Management libraries
– Share documents in Document Management libraries