By default, the AODocs Smartbar connects to your Google domain and gives access only to documents belonging to your domain.
Learn more: What is the AODocs Smartbar?
However, the AODocs Smartbar can be configured to access a domain that is different from your default domain.
For example, the user Alice (alice@domainA.com), who belongs to the domainA.com domain, can configure her Smartbar to access the AODocs folders belonging to another domain, such as domainB.com (assuming that the administrators of the domainB.com domain have allowed her to access their AODocs libraries).
In a similar way, the user Bob (firstname.lastname@example.org), who does not belong to any Google domain, can configure his Smartbar to access the AODocs libraries he has been given access to on domainB.com domain.
1. Access the AODocs Smartbar settings panel.
2. At the bottom of the settings panel, open the drop-down menu and select the domain you want to activate the Smartbar on.
Note:You can activate only one domain at a time. This means that the Smartbar features are available only for the files stored in the domain that you have selected. If you don't have a drop-down menu in the settings panel, it means that your email address hasn't been added as an external user in the AODocs administration. Learn more: Manage external users.
The following tables sum up the different situations and the features available.
List of AODocs Smartbar features available to users in a domain.
For example, when alice@domainA.com is connected on domainA.com.
|Feature||Team Folders and Secured Folders|
|Search in folder||Available|
|Edit in Microsoft Office||Available|
|Create files / folders||Available|
|Import files / folders||Available|
|Edit permissions on files / folders||Available|
|Move files / folders||Available|
|Delete files / folders||Available|
List of AODocs Smartbar features available to external users:
- with a Google domain, for example, when alice@domainA.com is connected on domainB.com
- without a Google domain, for example, when email@example.com is connected on domainB.com
|Feature||Team Folders||Secured Folders|
|Search in folder||Available||Available|
|Edit in Microsoft Office||Available||Available|
|Create files / folders||Available||Not Available|
|Import files / folders using the New > Import button||Available||Not Available|
|Import files / folders using the Smartbar Import button||Not Available||Not Available|
|Edit permissions on files / folders||Not Available||Not Available|
|Move files / folders||Available||Available|
|Delete files / folders||Available||Available|
– The actions that are not available for external users in Google Drive are all available in AODocs. Learn more: Add files and folders as an external user.
– As an external user, make sure you're on the correct domain. You may need to Switch domain.