As a library administrator, you can export:
- documents or folders from Team Folders or Secured Folders to other Team Folders or Secured Folders
- documents from Team Folders or Secured Folders to Document Management libraries
- documents from Document Management libraries to other Document Management libraries, from views only
Important: You must have library administrator permissions on the source and target libraries.
During the export:
- Document properties are exported only if the configuration of the target library corresponds to that of the source library.
- The workflow state (if any) of exported documents reverts to the initial state of the workflow.
- Sharing permissions of exported documents and folders aren't exported.
- Previous versions aren't exported.
To export documents or folders:
1. In a view, select one or more documents and/or folders.
Note: You can't export folders from Document Management libraries.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
- If the target library has a document class that matches a selected document's class, the document is exported in the same document class.
- If the target library doesn't have a document class that matches a selected document's class, the document is exported to the default document class.
- Your documents retain any properties that have the same property names in the target library.
Alternatively, in a document (in a Team Folder or Secured Folder), select Export in the More actions menu.
3. In the export pop-up, select Transfer to another library.
4. Press Next.
5. Select the target library from the drop-down menu.
6. Press Export.
When you press Export, AODocs:
- creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents or folders
- moves the export folder to the target library
- notifies the administrator who performed the export
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the administrator who launched the export
7. When the export is complete, you can:
- reload the view or open the export folder that was created by AODocs during the export (if you exported from a view)
- go the the library homepage or open the export folder (if you exported a single document from the document page)