Libraries are document containers. A Secured Folder library is associated with a single AODocs storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
Secured Folders are integrated in Google Drive. However, you create Secured Folders in the AODocs interface.
– After installing AODocs, only Super administrators can create libraries.
– Super administrators can assign the library creator role to users at the domain level. Learn more: Manage library creators.
– You must be a Google user to create Secured Folders. Microsoft users can't create Secured Folders.
To create your first Secured Folder, three options are available:
Create your Secured Folder from scratch
You can create a blank library without any pre-existing configuration. Learn more: Create a library from scratch
Tip: If you are familiar with AODocs libraries and you have a clear idea of your library configuration, you can create a new Secured Folder and configure it from scratch.
Copy an existing Secured Folder
If you are already familiar with AODocs and you have some libraries in your domain, you can create a new Secured Folder with the configuration of one of your existing libraries. Only the configuration of the source library is copied; documents and permissions are not copied. Learn more: Create a library by copy
– Creating a library by copy can be useful for libraries that need to be replicated recurrently, for example, "Finance Audit 2017", "Finance Audit 2018", "Finance Audit 2019".
– You can also create libraries with the same configuration to manage different projects, transform a test library into a production library, and so on.
Create a library from a template
There are several templates for Secured Folders available in the AODocs interface. Each of these template describes a specific use case and is preconfigured. Learn more: Create a library from a template
– If your business need corresponds to one of the template libraries, you can create a new Secured Folder with the configuration in the template.
– If you haven't figured out how you want to design your library, templates are a good way to try out AODocs for a specific use case.
Note: If you need guidance to design and implement your library, the AODocs service team is available to help you organize an assessment workshop and provide solutions to transform your business need into an AODocs library. You can contact your AODocs sales representative or send an email to email@example.com.
When you've created your Secured Folder, learn more about the next steps.