Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
Secured Folders are integrated in Google Drive. However, you create Secured Folders in the AODocs interface.
Important: Only library creators can create new libraries. This role is defined and managed at the domain level by super administrators. Learn more: Manage library creators.
To create a new library from scratch:
2. Press the Create library button.
The Create library panel opens. The three types of AODocs library are listed.
3. Under AODocs library types, select Secured Folder and press Create.
Tip: You can select Learn more to view details and watch video tutorials about Secured Folders.
4. In the library creation pop-up, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any characters (including special characters) but it must be unique. Two libraries can't have the same name.
5. Select a storage account for your Secured Folder.
The AODocs storage account will become the owner of your Secured Folder and its files.
Note: If you have only one storage account configured on your domain, it's selected by default. If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list.
6. Press Create Library. When your library is created:
- you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs user interface
- the library creator receives an email to confirm that the library has been created
Tip: You can switch between the AODocs interface and Google Drive.
You're now ready to start using your Secured Folder. Learn more: Next steps with your first Secured Folder.