Libraries are document containers. A Secured Folder library is associated with a single AODocs storage account that owns all the documents of your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
Secured Folders are integrated in Google Drive. However, you create Secured Folders in the AODocs interface.
Note: You can also:
– Create a library by copy
– Create a library from a template
– You must be a Google user to create Secured Folders. Microsoft users can't create Secured Folders.
– You must also be a library creator. This role is defined and managed at the domain level by AODocs super administrators. Learn more: Manage library creators.
To create a new library from scratch:
1. Access the AODocs homepage.
2. Click the Create library button.
The Create library panel opens. The three types of AODocs library are listed.
3. Under AODocs library types, select Secured Folder and click Create.
Tip: You can select Learn more to view details and watch video tutorials about Secured Folders.
4. In the library creation pop-up, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but it must be unique. Two libraries can't have the same name.
5. Select a AODocs storage account for your Secured Folder.
– If only one AODocs storage account is configured on your domain, it's selected by default.
– If several AODocs storage accounts have been configured, select the AODocs storage account you want to assign to this library from the list. This list includes only AODocs storage accounts for which the current user is included in the availability setting.
6. Click Create Library. When your library is created:
- you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs user interface
- the library creator receives an email to confirm that the library has been created
Tip: You can switch between the AODocs interface and Google Drive.
You're now ready to start using your Secured Folder. Learn more: Next steps with your first Secured Folder.