To create a new document class, access the “Document Classes” section in the administration console. You can:
- Create a new class by clicking “Add new value” (1)
- Edit the name of an existing document class (2)
- Add a “Description” (3) only for an existing document class
- Make the document class “Default” for documents (4)
- “Delete” the class (5)
Learn more here: What are document classes?
Accessing document classes from the Administrator console
Once created, the document class name becomes clickable. Click on the name to create the attributes of the new document class. Each document class has four attributes:
- Parameters (6): for defining the properties of each document class.
Learn more here: Configure properties
- Security (7): for handling the permissions of each document class such as who can create, read, and write.
Learn more here: Configure the sharing permissions of the documents in a class
Learn more here: Configure inherited permissions on documents
Learn more here: Configure document creation permission
- Template (8): for determining the template content of a document class instance.
Learn more here: Configure a document template
- Customization (9): for complementing each document class with further functions.
Learn more here: Configure document classes custom actions
- Document view configuration (10): For configuring the display of AODocs documents. Where you can change the document editor style either legacy or configurable editor.
Learn more here: Manage the display of AODocs documents
Configuring document classes in AODocs