Bulk Updater is a web application that allows you to update in bulk the properties (also called metadata) of your AODocs documents. All users can use the export feature in Bulk Updater; only library administrators and super administrators can use use the update feature.
This article explains how to configure and run the export of your AODocs library's properties. You can configure a simple export or an advanced export.
|Configure and run a simple export|
|Configure and run an advanced export|
|After running the export|
Configure and run simple export
2. In Bulk Updater, select the Create simple tab.
3. Use the drop-down lists to select a domain and a library.
Note: The domain and library fields are mandatory to perform an export.
4. To export a subset of your documents, select a document class and/or a view.
If you select...
|No document class, no view||
Bulk Updater exports, for all documents in all the classes in your library:
|Only a document class||
Bulk Updater exports, for all documents in the selected class:
|Only a view||
Bulk Updater exports, for all the documents defined in the view:
|Both a document class and a view||
Bulk Updater exports, for all the documents in the selected class:
Note: The document class and view must be of the same type.
5. If required, define an export name so you can easily identify it in the list of exports.
6. If required, press Count documents. A pop-up indicates how many lines your spreadsheet will contain (one line per document).
7. Press Export.
Note: You can't update your spreadsheet if you use the simple export mode.
Configure and run an advanced export
1. Carry out steps 1 to 6 from the simple export.
2. If required, select one or both filters, to exclude from your export:
- documents at the root folder of the library
- documents without attachments
Note: The filter Skip documents without attachments is available only if you selected a document class.
3. If required, enter a search query to restrict the documents to export. Learn more: Advanced search operators.
Note: You can apply a query only if you selected a view or a document class.
4. You can apply the following splitters:
- One line per version: generates as many lines as each document has versions
- One line per attachment: generates as many lines as each document has attachments
Important: Splitters are available only when the update feature is disabled because splitting can result in multiple lines for a given document. Make sure the Only export toggle is selected if you want to use the splitters.
Note: The splitter One line per relation is not currently available.
5. Select one of the options for the toggle button:
- Update enabled: to export, then update your spreadsheet and reimport back into AODocs
- Only export: to export without updating your spreadsheet
6. Press Export.
After running the export
Notes about export speed:
- Library or class without a query: about 2,000 documents per minute
- Class with a query or view with fewer than 10,000 documents: about 1,000 documents per minute
- Class with a query or view with more than 10,000 documents: about 500 documents per minute
When the export is complete, you're redirected to the Recent tab.
At the end of the export, you receive an email from Bulk Updater (email@example.com).
The email has a link to the Google spreadsheet containing your exported properties.