Bulk Updater is a web application that lets you update in bulk the properties (also called metadata) of your AODocs documents. All users can use the export feature in Bulk Updater; only library administrators and super administrators can use the update feature.
After configuring and running your export, you can access the Bulk Updater spreadsheet.
Important: Each cell in the spreadsheet musn't contain more than 50,000 characters.
In the spreadsheet:
- each row represents an AODocs document
- when you export a whole class, some system properties (for example, creation date and document creator) are hidden
- white columns hold the values of custom properties, system properties, including workflow states, that you can modify if you exported in update mode
- light gray columns contain read-only properties that you can modify if you exported in update mode
- dark gray columns are non-modifiable and contain AODocs system properties
- if you imported relations:
- each relation is displayed in a separate column to the right of the properties; the columns take the name of the “To” or “From” side of your relation depending on which document class you exported from – learn more: Configure relations
- the cells contain the IDs of the related documents, separated by a pipe | symbol if there's more than one
If you exported in update mode, you can modify the relations.
- if you exported as Awesome Table, your spreadsheet contains:
- an extra row (second row) for Awesome Table filters and keywords, which is retained if you refresh your spreadsheet
- columns AODocs URL and Attachment URL, with links to your documents and attachments
- if you ran your export in update mode, there are four extra columns that are are reserved for Bulk Updater:
- columns id and hash appear after the columns showing your custom properties
- columns Status and Reason are used to give feedback after the update
If you ran your export in update mode, you can edit the spreadsheet.