Library administrators working in Document Management libraries can export documents to other Document Management libraries.
– You must have library administrator permissions on the source and target libraries.
– Different export options apply to Team Folders and Secured Folders. Learn more: Export documents or folders from Team Folders or Secured Folders.
– You can't export folders from Document Management libraries.
What happens to my document's properties, workflow states, permissions and previous versions?
During the export:
– document properties are exported only if the configuration of the target library corresponds to that of the source library
– the workflow state (if any) of exported documents reverts to the initial state of the workflow
– sharing permissions of exported documents aren't exported
– previous versions aren't exported
To export a document from the document page, open the More actions menu and select Export. Then continue to step 3.
To export documents from a view:
Note: This feature isn’t yet available in the beta version of views. If you’re using the beta version, switch back to standard views.
1. In a view, select one or more documents.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
3. In the document export pop-up, select the target library from the drop-down menu.
Tip: If you're working in a library with more than one document class, you can select the current library to change the document class of your document. If your document is in a folder, it stays in the same folder but changes document class.
4. If your target library has more than one document class, you can select the class into which to export your document. A drop-down menu appears when you position your cursor in the Document class field.
5. Press Export.
6. You can press the here button to view the progress of the export.
Details of the job status open in a new tab.
During the export:
- if the document class in the target library has a folder structure, AODocs creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents and moves the folder to the target library
- if the document class in the target library doesn't have a folder structure, AODocs moves the exported documents to the root of the target Document Management library
- the administrator who performed the export receives a notification email
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the administrator who launched the export
7. When the export is complete, you can:
- Reload the view (if you exported from a view): to refresh the current view
- Go to target library: to open the target Document Management library homepage
- Stay in current library (if you exported from the document page): to return to the current library homepage in AODocs