Library administrators working in Document Management libraries can export documents to other Document Management libraries.
– You must have library administrator permissions on the source and target libraries.
– Different export options apply to Team Folders and Secured Folders. Learn more: Export documents or folders from Team Folders or Secured Folders.
– You can't export folders from Document Management libraries.
What happens to properties, workflow states, permissions and previous versions?
During the export:
– Document properties are exported only if the configuration of the target library corresponds to that of the source library.
– The workflow state (if any) of exported documents reverts to the initial state of the workflow.
– Sharing permissions of exported documents aren't exported.
– Previous versions aren't exported.
To export a document from the document page, select Export in the More actions menu and continue to step 3.
To export documents from a view:
1. In your view, select one or more documents.
2. Open the More actions menu and select Export.
3. In the document export pop-up, select the target library.
Tip: If you're working in a library with more than one document class, you can select the current library to change the document class of your document.
4. If your target library has more than one document class, you can select the class into which to export your document. A drop-down menu appears when you position your cursor in the Document class field.
5. Press Export.
Notes about document classes
If you don't select a document class:
– the document is exported in the same document class if the target library has a document class that matches a selected document's class
– the document is exported to the default document class if the target library doesn't have a document class that matches a selected document's class
If you chose the current library as the target (to change the document class) and selected documents of different classes, only the remaining classes are available in the drop-down menu.
During the export:
- if the document class in the target library has a folder structure, AODocs creates an export folder named Export - [current date and time] containing the selected documents and moves the folder to the target library
- if the document class in the target library doesn't have a folder structure, AODocs moves the exported documents to the root of the target Document Management library
- the administrator who performed the export received a notification email
Note: Other administrators and super administrators aren't notified of this action and don't have access to the exported documents. However, this operation is recorded in the library audit log.
Email notification sent to the administrator who launched the export
6. You can press the here button to view the progress of the export.
Details of the job status open in a new tab.
7. When the export is complete, you can:
- Reload the view (if you exported from a view): to refresh the current view
- Go to target library: to open the target Document Management library
- Stay in current library (if you exported from the document page): to return to the current library homepage in AODocs