Some actions can be performed only in the AODocs interface, such as publish to the web and manage sharing permissions in a Secured Folder library.
When working in Team Folder libraries and Secured Folder libraries using the AODocs Smartbar, you may need to switch from Google Drive to the AODocs interface and back again.
This article explains how to:
Access AODocs from Google Drive
1. In your My Drive, press the app launcher.
2. Scroll down or press More, then press AODocs.
3. You are redirected to the AODocs homepage, where all the libraries you have access to are displayed.
4. Open a library by pressing once on its name.
Libraries displayed on the AODocs homepage
When working in the Google Drive interface, you can open a library, a folder or a document directly in the AODocs interface.
1. Right-click a:
- library root folder
2. Select Open with, press AODocs to open the item in the AODocs Interface.
Opening a folder in a library directly in the AODocs interface from Google Drive
Access AODocs from Google files (with the Smartbar installed)
Note: You must install the Smartbar to use this feature.
1. Open a Google file.
2. Press the Open in AODocs button. Your Google file opens in AODocs.
Access Google Drive from AODocs
2. Press the Google Drive icon on the library card of a Team Folder or Secured Folder. The library opens at root level in Google Drive.
Note: You can't open Document Management libraries in Google Drive.
2. Press Open library in My Drive. The library opens at root level in Google Drive.
2. If required, select a folder or file to open in Google Drive.
3. Press the Open in Google Drive button.
Note: If you didn't select a folder or file, the library opens at root level in Google Drive.
1. Open an AODocs document.
2. Press the Open in Google Drive button. The document opens in Google Drive.
Note: If you selected a document with a non-Google file attachment, the file opens in the Google editor.