In Team Folders and Secured Folders, library administrators can publish the attachment of an AODocs document as an embeddable HTML file.
Important: Only Google files can be published.
Tip: You can use this feature to:
– embed an attachment in a Google site
– share a link to a published file with a large audience without sharing the file
|Publish your document|
|Stop publishing your document|
Publish your document
1. On the document page, open the More actions menu and select the required option:
- Publish to the domain: Only users from your domain can see the published file. To access the published file, users have to authenticate with an email address from your domain.
- Publish to the web: Anyone with the link to the published file can see it, without any authentication.
2. A confirmation message Publication is complete appears.
Note: If the Google file is updated, the content of the published file will be updated accordingly.
3. To copy the URL of your published file, open the Published on web (or Published on domain) menu in the action bar and select Copy URL to clipboard.
4. Once published, you can switch the publication destination to web or domain. To do this:
i. Select the Published on web (or Published on domain) menu in the action bar.
ii. Select the new destination.
You don't have to unpublish and restart.
Stop publishing your document
To stop the publication of a document, open the Published on web (or Published on domain) menu in the action bar and select Unpublish from the web (or Unpublish from the domain).
The link to the published file points to an error message.