If you read this document, it is because an AODocs user (in this article "your collaborator") has shared a Document Library with you in order to collaborate with him.
This article will give you the major steps to follow in order to access your collaborator's library.
The article is also available in PDF format: External User Guide PDF
AODocs is an Enterprise Document Management System integrated in Google Drive. AODocs enables you to access a library shared with you by an AODocs user.
Note: in our example,
- your collaborator, so to say the administrator of the AODocs library, is represented by Caroline, email@example.com.
- you are represented by the address firstname.lastname@example.org, associated with an external user who doesn’t have any AODocs account and wants to access Caroline’s library.
Own a Google Account, you can either have:
- a G Suite account (provided by your employer) as <username>@yourdomain.com
- a free consumer account as <username>@gmail.com
- a free consumer account associated with your professional email address as <username>@yourdomain.com
Do it here: Sign up Google
1. Login to your Google Account
The first thing to do is to log in with your Google account, one of three above mentioned.
Do it here: Log in
2. Open your collaborator's library
To access your collaborator’s library, you must have received a notification by email.
You can see an example of email notification below, sent automatically by AODOcs.
Example of a notification sent automatically via email
To access the AODocs library, you can click on the URL link. AODocs will then check your identity by asking you to accept the permissions required to access AODocs library homepage.
Once you have agreed to AODocs permissions, your collaborator’s library will open in AODocs. You will be able to use AODocs thanks to your google account (here: email@example.com) in your collaborator’s domain (here: demo-aodocs.com) (1).
Accessing your collaborator’s AODocs library
3. Browse and collaborate in your collaborator's library
You are now able to browse the library your collaborator has shared with you in AODocs.
Now that you have access to the library, you are able to view/create or even upload documents, depending on the library security settings set by your collaborator.
Here’s an example of how you can upload a document in your collaborator’s library.
- Click on the red button “New” of the left.
- Select “Import or upload an existing file”.
- A new tab appears in order to select the file you want to attach. You can drag as many documents as you want in the tab.
- Click on “Upload”.
- Your document is added to the library and opens in AODocs where you can edit its properties.
Uploading a document in your collaborator’s AODocs library
The document you chose to add is now visible to all members of the library (2) and available from your collaborator’s account (3).
The new document you created is now available in your collaborator’s library
Learn more here to discover how to use AODocs: AODocs User Interface
Note: If an error message (4) is displayed in AODocs Homepage, you are advised to contact the super administrators of AODocs domain. Indeed, the latter may have forgotten to add you into the library access permissions.
If you are not added in the library permissions, an error message is displayed