Libraries are document containers. A library is associated with a single storage account that owns all the documents in your library. Each library has its own specific configuration.
In AODocs, library administrators can create libraries by copy. Your new library is preconfigured according to an existing library. Only the configuration of the source library is created, the documents and permissions are removed.
Important: The following users can create libraries by copy:
– users defined as library creators at the domain level who are also defined as administrators of the library to copy; learn more: Manage library creators
– AODocs super administrators
– an individual user or group given the right to select a storage account and who is also defined as administrator of the library to copy; learn more: Create a storage account (Only for option)
To copy an existing library:
1. Access the AODocs homepage and press the Create library button.
2. The Create library panel opens. Press Copy library.
3. In the Copy library configuration pop-up, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but it must be unique. Two libraries can't have the same name.
4. Select the library you want to copy.
5. Select a storage account for your new library.
– If only one storage account is configured on your domain, it's selected by default.
– If several storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list. This list includes only storage accounts for which the current user is included in the availability setting.
6. Press Create library. Your library is now created.
For Document Management libraries and Secured Folders, you are redirected to the homepage of your library in the AODocs user interface.
For Team Folders, you are redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive Interface. The library creator receives an email to confirm that the library has been created.
Note: For large Team Folder or Secured Folders, there may be a delay in seeing the new library in Google Drive. If the creation process takes too long, the system may display a message informing you that you can't see your new library on Google Drive for the moment. You can still open your library in AODocs by selecting Open with > AODocs.
7. Apply permissions and start using your preconfigured library.
Important: When you copy a library:
– The copied library is shared only with the library creator. All existing permissions on the source library are removed.
– The library configuration is copied in the new library. This includes document classes, folders and views.
– Documents from the source library aren't copied in the new library.