Libraries are document containers. Each library has its own specific configuration.
A library is associated with either:
- a single Google Drive storage account that owns all the attachments in your library (all types of library)
- one or more Google Cloud Storage (GCS) buckets where all the attachments in your library are stored (Document Management libraries only)
In AODocs, library administrators can create libraries by copy. Your new library is preconfigured according to an existing library. Only the configuration of the source library is created, the documents and permissions are removed.
Important: What type of library can I create by copy?
You can create all types of library using Google Drive storage by copy. You can create Document Management libraries using Google Cloud Storage only from scratch, not by copy or from templates.
Important: Who can create which type of library?
Google users can create all types of library. Microsoft users can create only Document Management libraries and only from scratch, not by copy or from templates.
You must be library administrator of the library you want to copy.
In addition, you must be one of the following:
– a user defined as a library creator at the AODocs tenant level; learn more: Manage library creators
– an AODocs super administrator
– an individual user or group given the right to select a storage account; learn more: Create a storage account (Only for option)
To copy an existing library:
2. Press the Create library button.
3. In the Create library panel, press Copy library.
4. In the Copy library configuration pop-up, enter the name of your new library.
Note: The library name can contain any kind of character (including special characters) but it must be unique. Two libraries can't have the same name.
5. Select the library you want to copy.
6. Select a Google Drive storage account for your new library.
– If only one Google Drive storage account is configured on your AODocs tenant, it's selected by default.
– If several Google Drive storage accounts have been configured, select the storage account you want to assign to this library from the list. This list includes only storage accounts for which the current user is included in the availability setting.
7. Press Create library. Your library is now created.
When you create:
- Document Management libraries and Secure Folders, you're redirected to the library homepage in the AODocs user interface
- Team Folders, you're redirected to the root folder of your library in the Google Drive interface.
– In Team Folders and Secured Folders you can switch between the AODocs interface and Google Drive.
– For large Team Folders or Secured Folders, there may be a delay in seeing the new library in Google Drive. If the creation process takes too long, the system may display a message informing you that you can't see your new library on Google Drive for the moment. You can still open your library in AODocs by selecting: Open with > AODocs.
8. Apply permissions and start using your preconfigured library.
Important: When you copy a library:
– The copied library is shared only with the library creator. All existing permissions on the source library are removed.
– The library configuration is copied in the new library. This includes document classes, folders and views.
– Documents from the source library aren't copied in the new library.
– A new library sequence ID and new document class sequence IDs are generated – learn more: What is the sequence ID?