To install AODocs, you must:
- have a Google domain and a Google Workspace license (we support all Google Workspace licenses)
- be the Google Workspace admin
- have enabled Google Workspace APIs on your domain
- not have restricted third-party apps on your domain – learn more Authorize third-party apps on your domain
1. As a Google Workspace admin, either:
2. Fill in the form and press Start free trial.
You now need to authenticate with your Google Workspace admin account, so we can check that you are authorized to install AODocs.
3. Press Sign in with Google.
Important: If you have restricted third-party apps on your domain, you can't sign in and an admin_policy_enforced error appears. You must authorize third-party apps on your domain before continuing.
4. Enter the details of your Google Workspace admin account.
5. Press Allow to grant the required permissions.
Note: This step is to check you are entitled to install AODocs on your Google domain.
6. Press Integrate with Google to install the AODocs app.
Important: If you already installed the AODocs app, go straight to step 11.
7. In the permissions pop-up:
- review the required permissions
- select the Google Workspace organizational unit where you want to install AODocs
- press Accept.
Learn more about the access required at the Google domain level: Grant data access on your domain.
Important: You can install AODocs on a specific organizational unit of your Google domain. If you do this, make sure you activate AODocs on an organizational unit where:
– the storage account is located
– the default Google Workspace admin is located
If you don't respect these requirements, you won't be able to install AODocs.
8. In the Domain wide install pop-up:
- review the text
- press Continue
9. If required, scroll down to discover the different ways to access AODocs. Press Next.
10. Press Launch app.
11. Choose an account to be the first AODocs storage account. You can:
- create a new Google Account
- use an existing Google Account
Note: By default, storage accounts are named email@example.com. You can change the name if required, but don't change the domain.
Important: This step is critical for the installation of AODocs. Review this article for additional information: The AODocs storage account. We recommend that you assign a dedicated account as a storage account used only for this purpose.
A confirmation message appears if you decided to create a new storage account.
12. The AODocs homepage opens. You can see how many days left of your trial in the top right corner.
Congratulations! You have installed AODocs!
To find out what to do next, read this article: AODocs is installed, what's next?