Locked documents are documents that can't be edited by contributors.
In some situations when users are performing actions on AODocs documents or files, AODocs locks the items to avoid conflict with actions by other users. Documents are locked by AODocs in the following situations:
- when a user has opened the document properties panel in edit mode and hasn't yet saved their changes
- when a user has opened a Microsoft Office file using the Open in Microsoft Office feature in the AODocs Smartbar or in the AODocs user interface
- If you are running custom scripts with administrator privileges that performs modifications on your document, the document will be locked by [system].
- The check-out feature uses a different type of lock, so checked out documents aren't displayed here.
- The AODocs Retention Module locks documents that are in their retention period. This uses a different kind of lock, so these documents aren't displayed here.
2. Select Locked documents. A list of the documents that are currently locked is displayed.
For each document you can see:
- the Document ID and the Title of the document
- the Expiration column: the date and time the lock will be released automatically
- the Lock Owner column: the user who locked the document
3. To release a locked document, press Release.
Note: When you release a document, the user who locked it is not notified of the change.