A locked document is a document that cannot be accessed or edited by users who have the permissions. In some situations when users are performing actions on AODocs documents or files, AODocs locks the item to avoid conflict with another user's interaction. Documents are locked by AODocs in the following situations:
- when a user has opened the document properties editor and not yet saved their changes
- when a user has opened a Microsoft Office file using the Open in Microsoft Office feature in the AODocs Smartbar or in the AODocs user interface
Note: The check-out feature uses a different type of lock, so checked out documents are not displayed here.
The Locked Documents section under Library Administration displays a list of the documents that are currently locked and allows administrators to manually release the lock.
To release a locked document, select Locked Documents (1) under Library Administration. You will see all the documents that are locked by users.
The Locked Documents page displays the following information about the document:
- the Document ID and the Title of the document (2)
- the Expiration column (3) shows the date/time when the lock will be automatically released
- the Lock Owner column (4) shows the user who has locked the document
- allows administrators to release the locked document and make it available for editing, by pressing Release (5)
Note: When you release a document, the user who locked it will NOT be notified of the change.