Examples of actions triggering a job:
- Importing files in AODocs
- Moving a file from one folder to another one
- Changing the security of a library
- Checking ownership and fixing permissions
- Exporting files in another library or out of AODocs
- Deleting a folder
When an action is starting a job from the user interface, a progress bar is displayed. You can select View more details to monitor the number of tasks being executed and their status.
As a library administrator, you can also monitor the library jobs and cancel them if needed:
2. The list of jobs recently started in the library is displayed and details:
- the type of job
- who started the job
- the start date and the last update date
- the global status
- the total number of tasks in queue
- the number of successful and failed tasks
The jobs are sorted by date from the newest to the oldest.
3. When a job status is In progress, you can cancel the job.
Important: When a job is canceled, the pending tasks remaining for this job aren't executed. However, canceling a job doesn't undo the completed tasks. For example, canceling a “delete” operation on a folder won't restore the files that already have been deleted on the completed tasks.
Note: Certain types of jobs can't be triggered at the same time on the same documents. For example, you can't move a folder structure while some subfolders are being deleted.