To create a document in a Secured Folder or Team Folder library:
2. Select the type of document you want to create.
3. Select one of the document classes configured by the library administrators and press Create document.
Notes: You'll skip this step if:
- you are in a Team Folder library
- there's only one document class in your library
- you pressed New in a view - in this case, the document is created in the document class associated with the current view. However, if your library administrator has allowed the display of documents from other classes in the view, you do need to select the document class.
- you pressed New in a document page - in this case, the document is created in the same document class as the current document.
4. Enter the title of your document and press OK.
5. The document opens with the Properties panel displayed. You can see a warning triangle if your document has mandatory properties that haven't yet been filled in.
6. Press the Edit button and fill in the properties of your document. The mandatory properties for the document are marked with a red star.
Note: You can't save the document without filling in all the mandatory property fields.
7. If document relations have been set up by a library administrator, you can press the Add related documents button and add one or more document relations. Learn more: Use document relations.
8. If required, add a description to your document. The rich text field can include:
- embedded external content with iframes
The description is displayed in the Properties panel of the document. The text in the description is searchable by the AODocs search bar.
- The description field may be mandatory if the field permissions are managed by workflow states.
- You can only insert images in the description once you have saved your document.
9. Press the Save button to create your document.