As a document creator, you can create AODocs documents from scratch in Document Management libraries.
Note: The document creation flow varies according to your library's configuration and where you are in the AODocs interface when you create your document.
|Choose the type of document to create|
|Make changes to your document in create mode|
Choose the type of document to create
2. Press New.
3. A panel appears with a list of document classes sorted alphabetically. For the required class, select one of the available options:
- Blank or the document class name: to create a new document without using a template
– The Blank option is displayed if the document class has templates configured. If there are no templates, only the document class name is displayed.
– There's no Blank option when a default template is defined for the document class. Learn more: Create documents from a template.
- a document template, with or without an attachments.
Note: If there's only one document class in your library with no templates or with a default template, a new document opens in create mode directly.
Creating a document from the library homepage
– If you're in a view specific to a document class, the panel shows the options for the current class only.
– If you're on a document page, you can also create a document by copy or (if relations have been set up) create a new related item.
Make changes to your document in create mode
When you have chosen the type of document to create, an unsaved document opens in create mode. If there are mandatory properties to fill in, a progress bar indicates how many mandatory items (including the document title) have been filled in. The mandatory properties are marked with a red star.
You must fill in the mandatory properties before pressing Save to create your document. You can also:
- choose the folder where the document will be located (if a folder structure is configured in the document class)
- add one or more attachments
- add one or more relations (if configured in your document class)
- add a document description
1. Fill in the title and any mandatory properties. Learn more: Edit custom properties.
Note: If calculated titles are configured for the document class, you can't edit the Document title field. A title is automatically calculated when you save your document. Learn more: Create formulas for calculated titles.
2. If the document class in your Document Management library has a folder structure, you can change the folder where your document will be located.
The default folder is:
- the library root if you created the document from the library homepage or from a view without a folder structure
- the current folder if you created the document from a view with a folder structure
Press the Choose folder button. In the Folder selection pop-up, select the required folder and press Select Folder.
Tip: You can search for folders and create new folders in your folder structure.
3. If required, attach one or more files to the document. You can:
- Attach a file from your Google Drive or device
- Upload and convert Microsoft Office file from your device – the file will be converted to the corresponding Google format
- Encrypt and upload files using Virtru
- Create a new Google file (Docs, Sheets or Slides)
Learn more: Manage attachments in Document Management libraries.
Note: In Document Management libraries, you can create documents with no attachments, one attachment or several attachments.
Tip: When you've saved (created) your document, you can add attachments by drag and drop directly into the Properties tab.
4. If relations have been set up by a library administrator, you can press the Add related items button and add one or more relations. Learn more: Create new related items.
5. If required, add a description to your document. The rich text field can include:
- embedded external content with iframes
The description is displayed in the Properties tab of the document. The text in the description is searchable by the AODocs search bar.
– The description field may be mandatory if the field permissions are managed by workflow states.
– You can only insert images in the description after saving your document.
6. Press the Save button to create your document.
Note: You can't save your document:
– without filling in all mandatory fields
– if some property values are outdated or incorrect
Learn more: What if you can't save your document?
Unsaved document in create mode in a Document Management library