Dear Smartbar User,
We’re pleased to announce a new version of the Smartbar extension (V6.0).
AODocs Smartbar release 6.0 focuses on improvements to the authorization flow and bug fixes.
|Improved authorization process|
|Easier AODocs Smartbar extension deployment on your domain|
|New authorization screens|
Improved authorization process
With the improvement to the authorization process included in this release, we aim to:
- make the authorization process easier at the domain level
- present fewer pop-ups to your end-users to request permissions
- prepare the ability to configure options at the domain level
Reminder: If you’re using proxies you have to add the following URL to your whitelist: https://auth.aodocs.com
Easier AODocs Smartbar extension deployment on your domain
As announced few weeks ago, we have a new Smartbar Marketplace App.
Installing this Marketplace app in G Suite will grant domain wide authorization to your users, preventing them from seeing the permissions pop-up.
As administrator, you can now fully deploy the AODocs Smartbar on your domain:
1. Install the Smartbar Marketplace App to manage scopes and permissions.
2. Deploy the Smartbar extension for all your end-users in one go.
Your end-users will be able to use the Smartbar extension with no action on their side.
New authorization screens
If the Smartbar permissions aren’t deployed domain-wide, end-users will see the new authorization screens:
For more information, you can find in our Knowledge Base the Pre-Release Announcement:
- Email Cc field is always imported when creating a document into AODocs from Gmail.
- The Smartbar no longer displays the warning icon by default on Chrome Os.
- Breadcrumb appears again for all Google documents managed by AODocs.
- You're now able to use UFO on Drive, if the Smartbar is disabled for the current account.
Have a new feature idea or request for AODocs? Continue to share your ideas in our community.